Today we’re going to talk about some pressing issues that all the hustlers seem to be facing these days: Under-eye skin concerns. If you stay on your phone or laptop and other electronics almost all day and you have little sleep to catch on to, then this is for you. While these are some contributing causes for under-eyes skin damage, there is more to it which you must know while trying to get rid of those dark circles. Learn all of it here with us to make the right treatment decision for yourself!
1. Is your under-eye skin different from the rest of your face?
Short answer: Yes. Let us explain ourselves further. The skin around your eyes has relatively less oil (sebaceous) gland and has lesser collagen than the rest of your face. To make the matter worse, this skin covers the hollow cavity of the facial bones where your eyes are placed. So if the skin becomes thin or dehydrated then it can easily sulk in the hollow space to make your under-eye area appear darker. Mind you, this is the region which needs moisture at all times for swift movements. Smile, laugh, cry, squint, or blink, for all of it you need moisturised under-eye skin for swift movement without irritation.
Let’s understand a bit more about what can happen when the skin has fewer sebaceous glands and less collagen. Collagen is what makes the skin thicker and fuller and as you age, collagen production decreases in your body. Collagen along with oil glands, give us a healthy skin barrier and retain enough moisture. Since the skin under your eyes has less of both, here’s what goes down-
- Transepidermal water loss from the skin leads to dryness
- Irritation due to dry skin
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Fluid retention leads to puffiness
- Easy UV and blue light damage leading to dark circles
Your bone structure and genetics play a substantial role in dictating the under-eye area skin for you and so we just concluded all of these factors to state that the under-eye region needs extra love.
2.How to take special care of under eyes?
To take special care of your eyes, you need to focus on the habits that can lead to dark circles and other under-eye concerns. So one should stick by looking out for something to hydrate, moisturise, boost cell regeneration, and protect this thin skin from external damaging factors. Some of the best practices are as follows:
- Soothe your under-eyes with cool green tea bags or ice packed in a muslin cloth.
- Drink 3 litres of water every day to keep your body hydrated.
- Pack all the essential macro and micro-nutrients in your diet to keep healthy skin.
- Sleep 7-8 hours for the eyes and under-eye skin to heal and function adequately.
- Do not ever rub, tug, or pinch the skin around your eyes. It’s more fragile than your boss’ ego so you don’t want to play with it. Patting it when required is acceptable.
- Don’t forget to use sunscreen under your eyes. Our sunscreen- Sunny Side Up is safe to use around the eyes too. Learn more about how to read the sunscreen label here and the type of sunscreen to pick on your next shopping spree here.
And the last one is the most important. Eye creams. An eye cream that is an answer to all your under-eye concerns and also that prevents any further damage. In comes our eye mousse and we are going to give you some solid facts on why to have faith in our eye mousse- Keep Rollin’
- It has Caffeine which will help you reduce any fluid retention under the eyes which gives you the puffy eye look.
- It has Retinol Liposomes and Peptides. Retinol liposomes smoothen out fine lines and wrinkles that occur due to ageing and frailing of the skin thickness. Peptides play a key role in boosting collagen production to improve the firmness of the skin.
- It has Hyaluronic acid and luxurious butters like Shea, Kokum and Mango that help in nourishing the skin to improve its elasticity and preventing transepidermal water loss. This means less loss of moisture from the skin under your eyes.
- It also has something to protect your under-eyes every day- Scenedesmus Rubescens Extract. This is a micro-algae rich in Amino acids, Vitamin B3, and Minerals to fight the blue light and UV light-induced free radical damage.
Lastly, Keep Rollin’ has a mousse consistency which is far superior to the gel, oil, serum, and cream consistencies because it won’t run down your face when you apply it. You can say goodbye to those eye patches now. Once you pat the mousse under your eyes, it will stay there to work the magic. It also comes with a metal ball on the top with which you can massage and instantly reduce puffiness!
Our eye mousse has really got your under-eyes covered, won’t you agree now? This brings us to our next question- Is an eye mousse necessity or just another addition to the vanity?
3.Is an eye cream necessary?
There are people from two schools- Those who prefer eye cream and those who believe they’re of no help. To the latter, we’d just say that honey, you’ve been trying the wrong eye cream this whole time. At the same time, we don’t appreciate expecting instant gratification from skincare but depending on the eye cream formulation, one can find a holistic solution to the skin concern. Our formulation is simply such that it addresses multiple under-eye concerns and so with consistent usage, you will feel a difference in the health of your under-eye skin. Happy rolling!
Written by Divya Salvi